Monday, June 6, 2011

The Iron King - Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey Series Book 1)


Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

After I ordered this book on my Kindle, it actually took me only a day an a half to finish. I love the "differentness" about it. It reminds me of many stories of technology versus nature. This story encompasses that. The fairies themselves rely on people remembering their names though stories, legends and basically are created by dreams and nightmares. This is where the Seelie and Unseelie courts come from. Taking this thought process and running with it would be the concept of technology today, as everything starts with dreams, and that's all I'll say. I usually HATE faery stories, but I loved this one. So much I ordered the second book as soon as I was done with the first. Read it, you won't be sorry. ^ ^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

*All images and content on OnyxHikari's Blog are the personal property of OnyxHikari or are readily available on the Internet and believed to be in public domain. Images posted are believed to be published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code.) Copyright © 2011 OnyxHikari (basically don't steal my pictures or content) Blog for entertainment use only.