Friday, June 10, 2011

The Iron Queen - Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey Series Book 3)

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

So if you are looking at dates you wouldn't be wrong, I believe I started this series on Tuesday, and it is now Friday and I'm done. I traded several nights sleep to follow Meghan's journey ( and Ash too. Who doesn't love a bad boy,or in this case faery, with a heart of pure gold?) I wasn't disappointed. I can't say to much other than the fight is coming in this one and the climax really doesn't disappoint.The tensions rise, the battle is coming, and choices are to be made, love is found, hearts are broken and connections are rekindled.

You know how in some books you read and there's a paragraph that is a pinnacle of the whole story and you left with "that's it? That's what I was waiting for?" NOT this book. I was in tears, frustrated and cheering for the characters all at the same time. Meghan's self realization and sacrifice in this book really made me think
How much more can this poor girl give? How much more can she lose? Usually I get angry when books end the way I don't want them too, and start thinking in terms of fanfiction. I would have to say not with the ending of this book, I was left with hope.

The next book Iron Knight (Ash's story) comes out in October 25th, 2011. I will be pre ordering it. It is Ash's story and should be the last book. *Fingers crossed for maybe a Puck story? and the happy ending I'm rooting for* Read this series you'll love it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

*All images and content on OnyxHikari's Blog are the personal property of OnyxHikari or are readily available on the Internet and believed to be in public domain. Images posted are believed to be published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code.) Copyright © 2011 OnyxHikari (basically don't steal my pictures or content) Blog for entertainment use only.