Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Blood Approves - Amanda Hocking (Book 1 My Blood Approves Series)

(BUY IT HERE)
Seventeen-year-old Alice Bonham's life feels out of control after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave hits aside, Jack's unlike anyone she's ever met. Then she meets his brother, Peter. His eyes pierce through her, and she can barely breathe when he's around. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. But falling for two very different guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood...


I have to say this is one of the more intersesting takes on vampires and soulmates that I've seen in a while. If you know me a little you know that I'm always interested in an original twist to an old story. This definitely has that. I loved this story and bought the second one. (The Kindle version of book 1 is $0.99 and the rest are $2.99 can't beat that) The only complaints I would have about this book is 1) It's first person again 2) There are definite passages/situations that are very Twilightesque. I can't tell if it was on purpose to pay homage or simply influence. It definitely doesn't distract to much into the story, but enough that you'll notice. 3) The last two or three chapters seem just a tad rushed. You get the reasoning, but I'm unsure that it was feel so smashed together. 4) The friend Jane seems to make guest appearances and sometimes you're left with the "outta left field" feeling.

All in all the story line is unique and solid, the characters loveable, some situations understandable, and not to much to complain about. I would recommend this as a read. At $0.99 for a kindle version what do you have to lose?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

*All images and content on OnyxHikari's Blog are the personal property of OnyxHikari or are readily available on the Internet and believed to be in public domain. Images posted are believed to be published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code.) Copyright © 2011 OnyxHikari (basically don't steal my pictures or content) Blog for entertainment use only.