Monday, June 13, 2011

Forever Frost - Kailin Gow (Book 2 Bitter Frost Series )

(Buy it here)
Breena's entry into Feyland is marred by danger and beauty. A prisoner in her own palace, she longs to see and touch her forbidden prince Kian. Yet her heart is also still with her friend Logan. The discovery of a long-lost figure in Breena's life propels Breena into the heart of fae politics. In a stunning turn of events, Breena suddenly finds herself faced with the most heartbreaking decision in her entire life.

First off let me say, the heartbreaking decision has NOTHING to do with politics. With that being said, I can't tell you what it took for me to finish all 86 pages of this drivel. I only did it to give it a fair chance, even though I knew that I would never get back the 2 hours I was wasting and wanting to quit midway through.

I was hoping with the second book the author would have gotten some polish and learned/progressed in the writing skills. Unfortunately no. The phenom of Twilight has made every person believe that writing in first person is the new thing. I hate to admit it, because I hate first person, but it does take a certain talent. Unfortunately this author doesn't have this talent. How she managed to get four of these poorly written books published is beyond me. Or even how they keep scoring so high every where I look. If I had to rate it would get ONE star for the second book, merely because the book series should have improved as authors tend to do.

The dialouge is cheesey and so poorly written I've read 10yr old books with better grammar. The dialogue is either outrageously formal, with no use of contractions or incredibly corny. I think that the author would benefit from making the story longer page wise. The way the time line jumps is ridiculous, things pop up out of no where. why is men cooking seem to be such an important point in this series? Again the writing is poor and redundant at the beginning. The book itself is only 86 pages, and the first 4 are used to recap the last short novella.It seems almost magical (pun intended) that the heroine knows exactly how to speak at court and more even though she has never been there before. When the author seems to realize her mistake in writing something that shouldn't be there, magically it's because the narrator came from the human realm and something like the debate team explains everything away. It's too rushed, the grammar is too poor, and the book shouldn't be in first person. I would never recommend this book to anyone or this series. If you must read it, do it at the library. This book isn't worth your money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

*All images and content on OnyxHikari's Blog are the personal property of OnyxHikari or are readily available on the Internet and believed to be in public domain. Images posted are believed to be published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code.) Copyright © 2011 OnyxHikari (basically don't steal my pictures or content) Blog for entertainment use only.