Monday, June 20, 2011

Wisdom - Amanda Hocking (Book 4 My Blood Approves Series)

(Buy it HERE)
Wisdom - the fourth book in the My Blood Approves series...

For her eighteenth birthday, Alice Bonham takes a vacation to Australia only to have her trip cut short by an unexpected murder. While Alice tries to understand what happened, she regrets some of the choices she's made, especially the more permanent ones.

On top of that, the child vampire is running loose, and its attracting some very unwanted attention...

In this book there is an on going main plot that lasts throughout the book in a very consistant way. It was a nice change. Also you get resolutions, as simplistic as they may be. But the underlying turn of events and decisions actually makes this book a page turner. I hope that she writes more to this series, the ending was actually the best part of the book. It left me with high hopes as the story incorporated some feelings of Bloodrayne and Anita Blake the early years.

Ok again let me say this author has some brilliant ideas. The only issue I have seems to be the follow through. The resolutions to these issues or sub plots are very simplistic and/or quick. It doesn't do her writing justice. I can see by reading this series her talent is there and she's only scratched the surface with this series. With new authors you should see a progression with their work and with this author you can. She's getting better, so I can't wait for more.

*Side note: I finshed this book several days ago, but was delayed in the review as school got in the way. Again I read this book in about 2 days. I don't know if would say this book is worth the $9.99 being charged, but it $2.99 for the ebook version is totally reasonable.You may want to try the first couple from the library before you decide to invest in them. ENJOY*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

*All images and content on OnyxHikari's Blog are the personal property of OnyxHikari or are readily available on the Internet and believed to be in public domain. Images posted are believed to be published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code.) Copyright © 2011 OnyxHikari (basically don't steal my pictures or content) Blog for entertainment use only.